Nutrition Information About Rabbit Meat
- Rabbit meat is all white meat.
- Rabbit has 795 calories per pound. Compare: chicken at 810,
veal at 840,
turkey at 1190,
lamb at 1420,
beef at 1440 and
pork at 2050.
- Rabbit has the highest percentage of protein.
- Rabbit has a lower percentage of fat than chicken, turkey, beef, or pork with unsaturated fatty acids at 63% of the total fatty acids.
- The cholesterol level in rabbit meat is much lower than chicken, turkey, beef, pork.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture has stated that domestic rabbit meat is the most nutritious meat known to man.
- Research shows that rabbit meat has been recommended for special diets such as for heart disease patients, diets for the elderly, low sodium diets, and weight reduction diets.
- Because it is easily digested, it has been recommended by doctors for patients who have trouble eating other meats.
- Rabbit meat compares very favorably to veal.
About Us |
Nutritional Information |
Cooking With Rabbit |
1725 Route 22A
West Haven, VT 05743
© Vermont Quality Rabbits All Right Reserved